Your questions answered
What flavours, fillings and coverings can I have for my cake?
There are several flavours and fillings for you to have.
Our signature flavour, which is suitable for all cakes and occasions, is:
- Vanilla Sponge with Vanilla Buttercream. A rich, moist sponge, made with Madagascan vanilla
(with an optional layer of raspberry jam.)
Our Deluxe Flavours are:
- Rich Chocolate: A dense, rich, moist chocolate cake
- Lemon Drizzle: A fresh and zesty combination with lemon buttercream filling
- Orange & Poppy Seed: Made with fresh orange zest and poppy seeds with a subtle orange buttercream filling
- Banana Cake: Made with Fairtrade Bananas and a hint of nutmeg, with a creamy vanilla buttercream
- Spiced Cake: A deep dark sponge made with muscavado sugar and mixed spice
- Rich Fruit Cake: Fruit Cake soaked in Rum, Brandy or Whiskey (or alcohol-free)
- Caribbean Rum Cake: A richer, flavoursome fruitcake made with plump, rum soaked fruit (with whole fruits or blended fruits).
At an additional charge we can customise flavours specifically for your cake and occasion.
So far we have created
- Green Tea with White Chocolate
- Chocolate Cola
- Chocolate Guinness
- Choconana (Banana cake with Chocolate Buttercream)
- Vanilla Sponge with White Chocolate and Raspberry Buttercream
- Rich Chocolate and Mango Buttercream
- Rich Chocolate and Oreo Cookie Buttercream. Plus many more...
We also create cakes for special dietary requirements. If you'd like something not listed here, please
contact us to discuss your requirements.
Your cake can be covered in a variety of coverings:
- White, ivory or coloured fondant
- Chocolate fondant
- Marzipan and fondant for fruitcakes
- Chocolate ganache for Rich Chocolate Cake.
I'd like some information about the ingredients you use
We use the finest, fresh ingredients. Our Cakes and Cupcakes are made with free-range eggs, Fairtrade and Organic
chocolate and fruit wherever possible. Our Cakes and Cupcakes are free from Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil.
Do you make cakes for specific food diets or people with allergies?
If you have any specific diets or allergies, please contact us.
Why not try our gluten free and eggless cakes.
I don't know what size cake to order
- Larger sliced portions are suitable for celebration cakes. These are sliced at 1"x2"x3" (depth of cake).
Larger portions will mean that everyone gets a generous slice of your delicious cake
- Finger portions are ideal portions for corporate cakes or for events and celebrations where you just want to offer a token portion of cake
- Finger portion slices are 1"x1"x3" (depth of cake)
||Fruit cake *
||Fruit cake *
* Fruit cake is usually served as finger portions
How do I order?
To place an order, call 020 7278 6872.
Please complete the enquiry form with your request and we will contact you to discuss your requirements.
How do I pay?
We are happy to invoice corporate clients. You can make payments by BACS or cash on collection of your cake.
Cakes must be paid in full before delivery.
How much notice do you need to fulfil my order?
In order to create the cake of your dreams, we do require as much notice as possible. 6-8 weeks is reasonable notice
for a wedding cake. However, please complete an enquiry form or contact us,
as we have been known to work miracles for those who like to live on the knife-edge (read as 'left it to the last minute').
I'd like to order a cake as a gift
At Delights by Cynthia, we make smaller cakes which can be given as gifts to individuals or smaller numbers of guests for celebrations and events.
- Cupcakes can be decorated and elegantly presented in individual boxes or box sets, with a gift tag – from £3 each boxed,
from £10 for a box of 4, or from £25 per dozen
- Mini Cakes are around 3", beautifully presented in small boxes, with a gift tag – from £8 each with a minimum order of 12
- Bijoux Cakes are usually 4" or 6" cakes, serving 4-12 portions. Bijoux Cakes are decorated and tastefully presented in
small boxes with a gift tag – from £20 each
Do you deliver?
Delivery for a celebration cake is charged from £15 for the London area and may cost more depending on the location
and day of delivery (delivery of wedding cakes is from £30). Please contact us for a quote for your delivery. Customers
may wish to order a parcel car or cab to pick up their orders at their own risk. Or you can pick up directly from the Delights kitchen.
I want something out of the ordinary and my cake to take centre stage at the event. Can Delights by Cynthia help?
Yes we can. We make Special Order cakes for extra special events occasions. If you'd like us to set up your cake at your venue and
decorate the cake table, we can do this at an additional cost. We will dress your cake table to complement and co-ordinate your colour
theme. We will ensure your cake takes centre stage, ready for every photo opportunity.
How much will my cake cost?
This all depends on the size, colour, flavour, filling and the amount of decoration your cake requires.
Here's a rough guide for what your cakes will cost:
- Bijoux Cakes from £40
- Children's Cakes from £50
- Celebration Cakes from £65
- Special Order Cakes from £100
- Cupcakes from £2.50 each
- Mini Cakes from £8 each
- Corporate Sponge Cakes from £65
- Corporate Fruit Cakes from £75
- Wedding Cakes:
- One tier from £120,
Two-tiers from £200,
Three-tiers from £330,
Four tiers from £400
What's the minimum order for Mini Cakes and Cupcakes?
The minimum order for Mini Cakes and Cupcakes is 12. At certain times of the year (Valentine's Day, Mother's Day
and Father's Day), we may add individual gift cakes, cupcakes and cookies to our existing range.
Do I have to choose a cake from the website?
If you see something you like on the website, by all means. But we like to create something bespoke for each customer,
so we are happy to create a cake design from scratch.
I'd like to keep updated on from Delights by Cynthia.
Complete the Sign-Up form to receive news, information and updates on what's cooking in the Delights Kitchen.
When you sign up you'll also receive invitations to Delights by Cynthia events, tasting sessions and product news.
Any other information I need to know about Delights by Cynthia cakes?
Delights by Cynthia cakes are bespoke cakes, not mass-produced. We bake to order and bake from scratch, using the finest ingredients.
Our cakes are fresh; we do not freeze our cakes.
- You're crazy about our cakes
- You love the Delights by Cynthia brand
- You're keen to spread the word...
- You're ordering a cake or cupcakes as a gift and would like that something extra
Buy something from the Delights by Cynthia shop.